Thursday, April 28, 2011

Are you smarter than a 3 year old?





I have followed the advice of a parenting book I had read that advised that parents not engage any child over 3 years old in an argument. The other day we were heading to the library story hour and preparing snacks. Macy wanted the grapes on the kitchen table which was easy enough. I asked Claire if she, too, would eat grapes. She disagreed and asserted that instead she wanted raisins and water. Who am I to argue?







Especially with a smart little 3 1/2 year old who likes to wear dresses and her new toolbelt....

2 comments:

  1. I need to hear more about not engaging in arguments with kids. Because Finn LOVES to argue. For example today he kept telling me that he didn't have school today. It's Friday Finn. You do have school today. "NOOOOOOOOO! I don't!" Pretty much every day is like this, just times 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Claire will do something like ask me what day it is, and if I say it is Friday she will argue it is not. If you knew, why did you ask? I see the point of not engaging in the argument, but I still spend so much time saying, "Claire, I am not going to argue with you". So, I don't know if is foolproof.

    I loved the story about Laney "don't take my house"!

    ReplyDelete