Friday, May 27, 2011

Piper Piggy



I typically avoid the pitfall of comparing my kids to other people's kids. Growth percentile charts, who cares? My bad-parent mistake is comparing them to each other (I am the dog-parent who used to declare a Dog of the Day, oh so tempting to have a Daughter of the Day, but those pesky parenting books say, no!)


Our Piper Piggy had her 2 month today and weighed in at 13 1/2 pounds (95th percentile for those who care). She has the fattest thighs. Adorable!


So, after writing it in her baby book, I did what I always do. I got out her sisters' baby books to see what they weighed, duh. Piper is 2 pounds heavier than Macy was and 2 1/4 bigger than Claire!


I gotta stop comparing them, but man, two pounds is like 15%. Seems a lot on a baby's 23 inch frame!! We also should stop calling her Piper Piggy at some point, too, probably...

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Tessa was my small one, being 3 pounds lighter than her sibling. Laney was our Fatty McButter Pants. I think we also called her baby shriek. Way worse then Piper Piggy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that was supposed to say SHREK, not shriek.

    ReplyDelete