Monday, May 23, 2011

Success Stories

You know what I want to hear when I tell someone my husband had a vasectomy? A story of all the people they know who had one and it worked.

"Oh, yeah, my cousin's husband had one of those about 5 years ago. Haven't had a baby since!"

"I knew a guy who had one and then had sex, a lot of sex, never slipped one past the goalie!"

Because lately everyone has been telling me the story of the vasectomy that didn't work. Are these stories true or getting exaggerated down the line? The nurse at my 6 week said she knew someone who had twins after her husband's vasectomy.

Are the birth horror stories you tell pregnant ladies now replaced with oops baby stories when you're done having kids?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. At least your husband had one done! I can't even get Rusty there.

    And I do have a horror story of my own regarding a vasectomy baby. At the time they were shocked, but ended up being an absolute blessing since her hubs passed a few years later (and the vasectomy baby was the only boy out of 4 and shared her hubs name). So not really what I would call a horror story.

    But honestly if it was to happen then that baby was absolutely meant to be since it defied the odds. So an accidental blessing!

    And the horror stories I have heard have been because the hubs never went in to get it checked. So has Bob gotten his swimmers checked?

    ReplyDelete